Flame Ministries Bringing Understanding Islam Seminar to Bethel
This October we have the privilege of having Rev. John Hoeldtke, president of Flame Ministries from Washington State with us at Bethel. Rev. Hoeldtke will be giving a special presentation entitledUnderstanding Islam in the Bethel sanctuary from 6:00-8:00 PM on Sunday, October 14. The uniqueness of this seminar is that Pastor John brings a wealth of experience and a Christian perspective to his research and understanding of Islam. We’ll be informed with new insights that will help us better understand the War on Terror and its implications for our country and future.
Rev. Hoeldtke has said this about his presentation:
I have given this presentation in many churches on Sunday evenings and have always been well-received. Frequently the sanctuary has been full with a number of outsiders present. I think your people will not only enjoy it but, Lord willing, profit from it.
In addition to the seminar on Sunday night, Pastor John will be ministering in these ways.
- Saturday, October 13, 9:00-10:00 AM – Breakfast at Bethel sponsored jointly by the Outreach and Missionary Board and the Board of Elders. This one hour meeting will include breakfast and a 20-30 minute talk from Pastor John on the topic of The Importance of Evangelism in the Local Church. Sign-ups will be provided over the next several weeks for the breakfast.
- Saturday, October 13, 3:00 PM – Meeting with the church staff and Board of Elders on the topic of The Emerging Church and Other Trends Affecting the Church Today. This discussion is open to anyone interested in these timely subjects. The book The Truth Warby John MacArthur will be a part of this discussion.
- Sunday, October 14, 8:30 AM and 11:15 AM Pastor John will be preaching in our services.
Who is Rev. John Hoeldtke? Let me give you a thumbnail sketch of Pastor John.
- Graduate of Northwestern College and Bethel Theological Seminary in St. Paul, MN
- Long-time former pastor in the Baptist General Conference including one-time pastor of the church attended by Dr. John Piper when he taught at Bethel University
- District Executive Minister formerly of the Colombia District of the Baptist General Conference
- Current president of Flame Ministries traveling extensively in the United States in evangelistic and Bible conference ministry
- Recently returned from India and Nepal where he has traveled many times working among Muslim peoples and with missionaries to Muslims
- Friend of Dr. Dwight Perry, District Executive Minister of the Great Lakes Baptist Conference, who was a one-time board member of Flame Ministries
Plan now to attend these exciting events at Bethel. You’ll learn from and enjoy Pastor Hoeldtke.
Your friend, Pastor Brian (:-}).